THE CASANOVA

Hello there, see, I feel greatly honored to begin my official journey here by featuring one adorable person in my life. Yes you heard me right. This person can write, and I am humbled to share with you one of her amazing poem. She is Winnie Mwamsamali, my very heartbeat. enjoy the masterpiece.
                                                                                                        
THE CASANOVA (EPIPHANY TO THE LADY IN LOVE)

By Winnie Mwamsamali 


He begins showing interest in you, your affairs and your life
To him its nothing much but he has eyed a post of high price
In no time he is getting closer to you and shows his affection
Its nothing much, he is just trying to win your attention

As time goes by, for you he declares his love context
That is simply a presentation of his proposal papers to contest
With his sweet talk, you are left with nothing to say but yes
This is the time with the husband seat he stands face to face

You are the one he will do everything for, he says you are unequaled
Do not get your hopes so high, for him its just a campaign period
Will you marry me?”, he pops the question with a ring and a rose flower
He is looking for nothing sincere but for you to vote him into power

On the altar before the pastor, in sickness and in health, he says “I do”  in harmony
Dont rush to being too excited, it means nothing to him but a swearing-in ceremony
Expensive accomodation, wine, food and a superb setting expressing his love
Its not actually for you, he is just celebrating the power you just gave him not love

Married you are to him, but he has forgotten how he acquired that husband seat
His love checks in no more, he is done with you and all he knows is to fight and cheat
To him you are there in his life to do nothing but clean his dirty linen and live in sadness
That, my Dear lady is the love of a casanova; selfish, whose love is nothing but pretence

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME TO THE GLOBAL START-UP ACADEMY

Reminiscences of my CorpsAfrica Adventures

I HAVE FOUND A NEW HOME