MY NEW WORKROOM -CHITETE PRIMARY SCHOOL


Hello lovely people, hope you're all doing well. 

Wondering what I have been up to over the week? Well, it’s been a tight week, moving around and getting to know people. Oh! By the way, I have clocked one week today, so exciting!! 

Today am not writing much. Let me share with you a few things from my new School. Well, we have a small junior primary school in our community by the name Chitete School. 

This school was constructed by buildOn in collaboration with the community here. These people worked so hard in moulding bricks, gathering enough sand and stones for the construction of the school block. 
I told you in my previous blog post that these people are development hungry. Well, as you can see, we only have one block which houses two classes, standard 1 and 2. However, we also have Standard 3 pupils who also come for lessons. These standard 3 pupils learn in one temporary shelter shown in the picture below.


 The beautiful part of it though is that I have adopted Standard 3 to be my class, the class I will be teaching and this shabby shelter will be our classroom from next week. 


As you can see, this shelter in not a safe and conducive learning environment. But believe you me, this is a common story in most undocumented villages of our country Malawi. When it rains, these students just like many out there, fail to continue their lessons due to the poor conditions.
However, I feel proud to be here and be teaching in this shark, because I know I will always be reminded of why I am in this community; to collaborate with the people here and aid development activities together. This is indeed community development redefined. I feel so honored to be in this community.

Well, I already promised not to write much today although I have a lot of stories to share. Well, in other development I have met a new friend, an old woman by the name Gogo Podanira whom am helping with digging a rubbish pit at her house. Yesterday when I visited her, I observed that she just throw her trash anywhere around her house. I am helping her because I believe she deserves a clean environment and that proper waste management is one way to achieve such. Allow me to stop here so I prepare for tomorrow. Thank you for following my posts and for your amazing feedback.
Keep reading!

Some of my standard 3 pupils after classes


Inside the temperory shelter 


With the headteachers for Chitete Primary school



Comments

  1. Kip up the great work!!! U r the inspiration to those little ones...greetings to Gogo podanira

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks chief KG, I appreciate the encouragement

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks chief KG, I appreciate the encouragement

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emas, we are very upset about your students having to sit on rocks to learn? Our friend, MaryAlice, would like to send you small rugs for your students to sit on. Would that be helpful?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, I wrote up there, this is the unfortunate common issue in most villages, and my children here aren't spared. I believe that gift from Mary Alice however small nwillngona long waynin motivating many other kids who end up being frustrated with sitting in such an environment while they try to strive to attain education.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME TO THE GLOBAL START-UP ACADEMY

Reminiscences of my CorpsAfrica Adventures

I HAVE FOUND A NEW HOME